- Address: 1204 Minor Avenue
- Date Built: 1899 - 1901
Architect/Builder: Kirtland K. Cutter of the firm Cutter and Malmgren of Spokane
Owners: C. D. Stimson, one of Seattle's early industrialists.
- Description: Grand Tudor-style mansion.
Historic Seattle's Role:
Historic Seattle purchased Stimson-Green Mansion from the Joshua and Missy Green estate on July 14, 1975, saving the home from an unpredictable future in a neighborhood quickly redeveloping with large institutional buildings and high-rise apartments. After stabilizing the condition of the property, Historic Seattle sold the property in December 1977 with a protective easement. The facade easement protects the main house, carriage house, and grounds from demolition, construction, alteration, or remodeling. The interior easement protects the inside of the house by limiting remodeling to the upper floors only.
Current and Future Uses:
The mansion is open for tours by appointment. It is a catered facility for weddings, meetings, and special events.
On September 1, 2001, the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation became the newest owner of the Stimson-Green Mansion through a generous gift from Mrs. Priscilla Bullitt Collins. In gifting the property to the Trust, she assures continued good stewardship of the home and gives the state-wide preservation organization a permanent headquarters.
The Stimson/Green mansion gained Official City of Seattle Landmark status on December 21, 1977 (Ord# 106068).
The property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places